Hey Everyone!


I know I know...it's been quite a while since I have last updated my Xanga. For that I am truly sorry. I have been quite busy this summer as most of you can imagine. I have been in Romania on a missions trip for 3 1/2 weeks, I have been to Sonshine, working every day, spending time with Christ, and hangin' with friends with the extra time I have (which sadly isn't enough). This summer has taught me so many amazing lessons...lessons that are hard to express by words. Though it seems obvious - I've learned how important it is to have a quiet time with Christ everyday. I've known that for quite some time, but I now have just been putting that into practice with even more sincerity. I can't explain how important it is to make sure that the time you spend with your best friend and Father is quality time as well. How much time is spent hangin' with friends and chillin' online vs. time you spend with the Father? This is just one of many everyday applications that have made this summer one to remember.


My trip to Romania was...simply...well I guess I don't know how simple it is to explain really. Imagine trying to tell teenage girls that God loves them and has a purpose for their lives when they get abused (both sexually and emotionally). Imagine spending 4 days at a time with each new group that comes from a different orphanage, and these kids have no parents? Imagine the attachment that they have towards you...someone who cares about them and spends time with them, only to be ripped from your arms at the end of their 4 day stay? Imagine your own emotions being twisted and yanked in every direction when the friends you just made are now leaving you...yet God was good...He was and IS MORE than good! He is AWESOME! God used our team for His will and purpose and through the Holy Spirit we were able to tell these kids the good news about Jesus Christ and His love for them. We were able to play games and enjoy each others company while we could. The translators were just volunteers from the Christian college in Bucharesti. What an amazing team! I have a journal that I kept that is not online. I don't think I'll type it up but it is readily available to any who want to read more about my trip. It was life changing that's for sure.


Sonshine was also pretty sweet. I got to go backstage once again and say hi to Pillar. The bands were great and the friends I hung out with were even better! It was a nice way to relax after coming home from Romania. I have tons of stories from Sonshine that I might talk about when I find more time...but until then...


Work has been slow. I go to the warehouse everyday and mostly read my Bible and play some games with my co workers. Because school isn't in session we have no tests to ship out, nor do we have many tests that come in that need to be graded. Summer school isn't even that busy for us. But it has been nice to talk with my co workers more, and obviously spend more time with Jesus.


On Monday's I have been leading a Bible study (or co leading technically) with my buddy Mark K. from church. He's been out of town a lot so I've been filling in for him. This past Monday was our last Bible study. I have been working with 7-8th grade boys from the church. We've had a pretty good group for the most part and it has been cool to see how God has been working in their lives. I pray that they all continue to grow up as great godly men.


As for girls in my life - nothing serious. I'm not even looking really. I think my standards are too high (haha) but God knows. I have some pretty sweet friends though for now! It's too bad I don't get to hang out with all of them...of course my buds in NY are hard to chill with whenever I feel like it - lol! but enough of that. God is my focus right now. I just want to get married before I rapture :)


Um - ok my co worker wants to talk right now. Please pray for him. His name is Jamey. I bought him a Bible and his mind and heart is open. He asks lots of good questions. Just pray that he finds a good church and makes Jesus the center of his life very soon! Also pray for my friend Sergio - who also needs Jesus and some repairs in his life.


I must go but I do intend to write more when I can. Give me a call if you wanna talk. For those who know me - you know my number ;)


 


God bless,


Micah


- Micah 6:8  - oh and like Josh (http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=joshybhill) said - live Carpe Diem!


ps. how do you put their names into a link to their site?

Comments

  1. Micah Micah Micah...You put the name in by tying it... then highlighting it... then clicking link... then entering the site url.  Not too hard.  God rocks.  Hey, i got that Haste the Day EP... let me know if you want to hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! u updating! thats awesome :)
    sounds like ur summer was awesome as well
    keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha updated* sleep is much needed at the moment

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey! so glad u posted again! now i know what's going on in your life!! i am praying for you and think of u often!!
    ~Rach

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally, I've been waiting to hear from you,
    Glad that your summer is going well.
    Hope to hear from you soon.
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  6. Micah.  Update.  Again.  Now.
    Bye.
    Lisa Tragedy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog