Almost a year of no writing

Wow - I can't believe it's been almost a year since my last published blog.
The truth of the matter is - I've been so busy with school, work, Christian Student Fellowship, and whatever I have left of a social life, that blogging has been the utmost last on my priority list. However I HAVE been able to keep logs through detailed descriptions on my Gopher Guide (my calendar) and on my cell phone. Ironically - I learned just two days ago that my grandpa also writes about his days in detail on his wall calendar as well! Interesting isn't it?!

Well - I do hope to update this blog with a summary of the past year - but in a nutshell:

I will be a senior this coming fall at the UofMN (majoring in PR, and minoring in Hebrew, Biblical Studies, Religious Studies, maybe Jewish Studies, and Mass Communication).
I'm in May Term right now - 6 hours a day, every day for 3 weeks (before going to Disney World on June 10th to celebrate my parent's 25th Anniversary)!

I live at the Christian Student Fellowship house on Cleveland on the St. Paul campus - (no rent)!! God has truly blessed me with wonderful friends, amazing connections, and a stable, though busy schedule!

Speaking of busy - I also work 8-9 hour days every day, from 11pm-8am - supervising the 3rd shift at Data Recognition Corporation. It's really not that bad. I love my job - awesome co-workers, good experience, and pretty good communication!

Right now I'm taking a break from reading a zillion chapters for tomorrow. My sister and Cassie just came over to the house - and they BOUGHT ME GROCERIES! It looks like they got a TON of food for me! Right now they're making me blueberry muffins to hopefully last for a couple weeks. I can't even begin to say how blessed I am to have family and friends like this! God is so amazing and wonderful - I can't even begin to express my true emotions in a blog (another reason it is so hard to write about my days)! :)

Well - I better keep on reading!
Another side note: JB, Caleb, Big Al, my sister Lydia, and Cassie and I have been bowling regularly at Andover Lanes almost every weekend (and twice this week). Just last night, Caleb bowled FOUR strikes in a ROW (what comes after Turkey? Pheasant?!) setting a new high at 157! Cassie made her high as well with a score of 124 and I ALSO hit my high of 133! I think the awesome DC Talk music in the background helped contribute to better focus and therefore better bowling :) haha!

Anyway - if anyone still reads Xanga - please pray for me for these next three intense weeks. I have a lot of work ahead of me and little time for sleep. Pray that God enables me to focus my time wisely and to be diligent in everything that I do!

Shalom,
Micah
<

Comments

  1. Micah! It's so awesome to hear from you again! I'm curious, if you work from 11pm-8am and you have class 6 hours a day, when in the world do you sleep!?Glad to hear you're doing well, and best of luck with your very busy schedule!And Wikipedia answered your bowling question, which I too have been curious about:"Two consecutive strikes are referred to as a "double." Three strikes bowled consecutively are known as a "turkey." Any longer string of strikes is referred to by a number affixed to the word "bagger," as in "four-bagger" or "five-bagger" for four or five consecutive strikes, respectively. Six strikes in a row are sometimes referred to as a "six pack.""

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, your comment amused me.  You almost seemed angry.  Sorry, I have this tendency to speak things how they really are, no matter how unpleasant it may be.  I left another comment if you want to respond (on my blog)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Micah! He's the bestest boy i know! Lyd & i were very glad to help with groceries. We realize that you don't have time to feed yourself! hahaAnyway, have a good day at school & get some sleep ASAP!!! I will see you tonight -Cassandra Marie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog