- Nothing is so fatal to religion as indifference. (Edmund Burke)
 

So...you all know that some of us go to church every week right? We hear a wonderful sermon (maybe, depending on the week, etc.) and we think "wow, that's so amazing" and then....we forget about it maybe a week later. So does the information that we loved so much that week...does that get applied to our lives, even when we can't remember what it was we learned? Because if it doesn't, all of these sermons are given in vain. They might be excellent messages and wonderful ideas on how to grow in our relationship with our Savior and with our family in Christ...but if we can't remember what we learned (same thing goes with h.s. and college) what difference does it make?


 

I know it must make some difference...but I bet it could make so much more if we only learned what was being taught.

 

So maybe it's a good idea to actually jot down the main point each week and actually review it daily throughout that week with our daily devotions; being careful to apply what we learned during that week, so that later on in life, what we learned will only come naturally in our lives. But I often wonder how many people actually apply what they've learned (both in school and church) to their daily lives....I know I've heard many good messages (from Dave Burkum from CSF, from pastors, etc.) but have failed to remember what they were about more than a week later. Now I'm not sure if what I heard I took to heart or if it's really stored in my brain for when I'll really need it? I can only try to do my best from now on to apply what I've learned so that I may grow even deeper with my walk with the Lord.

 

Anyway, that's my thought of the day....or from a couple days ago...lol

 

So it's 4am here, technically Friday morning...and I'm just finishing up my break at work. I've been able to stay awake every night now for the past couple weeks without caffeine! That's pretty good! It's also Bethany's birthday today so wish her a good one!

 

Later today I'm supposed to be helping Mandii move into a new appartment...somewhere in Minnetonka? Somethin' like that? Well I'll find out soon!

 

Have a wonderful day all! God bless!

Shalom,

Micah (6:8)

Comments

  1. Micah! It's good to see you're posting again, I was getting worried for a while.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog