I thought yesterday would be a time to relax…at least a little bit…but I was wrong. No worries though. I’m still alive!


 


            I came home late late Sat. night (or very early Sunday morning) at around 4am. I just crashed on my bed as soon as I walked in. Strangely I didn’t fall asleep right away. But it was really hard to wake up. Thanks to Caleb who called my cell which gave me the extra jump start I needed to get to church on time. I got to college group just a couple minutes late but it was really good to see Karl, Caleb, Jon, Jake, and the rest (Karl’s friend, Karl’s dad, my mom, no Joey….). So the video was….ok….I guess….actually this wasn’t the best college group class that I’ve been to but we had some good discussions. Church was good too.


 


            After church I went home and needed to leave fairly early to get to a meeting. My mom had me stay home for an hour to do some videotaping for my grandma’s birthday party. It’s a surprise thing for her 80th B-day. We’re each taping memories that we’ve had of Grandma over the years, but my mom wanted to also tape my siblings and me playing our instruments….together! And the worst part is – she picked out a song from a FLUTE book in which there are no chords for piano, sax, etc. but just a melodic line to follow. Imagine trying to get all 4 siblings to play together….yeah that’s exactly what happened. It took a while. But after my mom did all that – we broke down and played “Blind Man”! That kicked butt!!! That’s something we can do together!! Anyway…


 


            I left home and went to Mr. Osburn’s house for a MacLaurin Student Group (MSG!) meeting. We were planning on watching the entire 4 hours of the PBS documentary of C.S. Lewis vs. Freud in order to plan for our Thursday group meetings using this video. We ended up getting through 3 hours of it. The food was great! It was nice to catch up with Matt (year younger than me) and the family for a bit. Mary came too! It was a good meeting. I got a chance to look at the brand new Grace Church directory…minus my family this time….but it was cool to see all the same old faces…many more which I didn’t recognize this time around. I also learned that Krista Thoman had a brain tumor the size of a softball. She’s recovering now (and in good condition) but it was still a major ordeal. Keep her in your prayers. She’s a sophomore in h.s. I believe…my brother’s age.


 


            After the meeting I went to pick up Heather Kaus and surprisingly Amy Fluegeman and saw at the Guthrie, the very last show of Pygmalion – the story in which My Fair Lady was based from. It was very well done. The comedy, style, acting, and stage setting was very well balanced. I saw a classmate from journalism there – Patrick. He had front row seats, thanks to friends in the Guthrie program…lucky. But I had more fun considering I was with awesome friends (who bought me Haagan Dazs ice cream)!


 


            After the wonderful performance I took Amy and Heather home and went “home home” to drop off my dad’s parking pass (which I used to park for free in St. Paul for the concert Friday night). I saw the Northern Lights with Mom (which was beautiful), then headed back to my frat to crash for the night. Jollie was still up – but we crashed pretty darn quick after a few minutes. Again I couldn’t fall asleep right away (I think comfort was more of a factor, which has never been a factor before) but was very happy when I did!!! So that was my Sunday….top that!

Comments

  1. hey Micah   Blind Man is a great song!  Have an awesome day!  You're in my prayers!
                                          -Cass

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen the Northern Lights before....that must have been awesome. i dont think my sunday could top yours. well have a good day.
    (CASSIE'S FRIEND) Bethany

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog