I feel like most of these journal entries start with a horribly shallow (and boring) opening sentence. With that said…yesterday (Friday) was awesome! Well ok…you might say “Micah, define ‘awesome’ since that word is a very powerful word (and sadly overused…) and since human vocabulary has limits, this word should probably be reserved for only ‘G-d things.” Well you might not actually ask that question…in that context…but I’ll answer it anyway!


            It was Friday…I overslept again, thinking I must have mono…I can’t have mono…mono is not a cool thing to have (except it would force me to sleep by dr. orders if I did…lol). I ended up forcing myself to wake up and go to Hebrew class. It was only an hour long today so what should I be worried about right?! Wrong!  Hebrew was just as stressful as any other Hebrew class. Cassie and Donavon were aware of my fatigue and were especially helpful (though they always are).


            After class I went back to my frat and decided to go to work to pick up my check. When I got there I ended up working for about an hour (thanks Lawrence…). As soon as I left work I headed back downtown to club 3 degrees for the Pillar concert. I got there about 30 min. before the doors opened and the line was already around the block. Fortunately for me my friends Al, Ashley, Kendall, and Tara were towards the front and were waiting for me. My friends from Sonshine and Pillar (Katie, Nicole, her husband) were also in the same area. So I was set! The weather was quite nice out too! I made sure I was on the Pillar guest list, got my wrist band, and went inside when they opened the doors. Al bought us (him and me) a pizza downstairs. What a friend I tell ya…good pizza too!


            The concert started around 8pm and around that time the 10 of us on the Pillar underground went backstage to hang out with the band for a while. There were 2 new guys on the UG team since last time the last local Pillar concert. As usual – none of us brought anything for Pillar to sign, and no one brought a camera this time either! Lol!!


            The rest of the concert was ok. I slept for a couple of the bands (as did Al) and was totally energized for Pillar! It was sweet!!! They sang most of the songs I wanted to hear….except Indivisible. I mean come on! That’s the best song!! Oh well!!!!


            After the concert Al and I walked Katie to her car, I said bye to the rest of my friends, then drove back to my frat to crash once again! Another good night regardless of my health! Curse Satan, the temptations he brought upon Adam and Eve, and all that is evil in this world. But praise G-d for high spirits, good health, amazing friends, and eternal (that means forever) life with Him!!

Comments

  1. Micah!  Glad you made it to the concert!  But make sure you go easy on yourself, kapeesh?  You don't want your spleen to burst...  lol... just don't lift any heavy objects or do any strenuous activities.
         Haha.. not to scare you though!!   i just wanna make sure you come out of this alive... wow, i think that if i was you i would be totally freaked out right now.. sorry!  Really, don't worry about it.   Just be careful with yourself ( that's your mono tip #2 ).
         Love ya!
                               -Cass

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes dork, you were on the guest list!  I'm glad you had a good time, although I'm quite ashamed that you slept through a couple of the bands (although possible mononucleosis is a good excuse, albeit a disturbing one).  subseven and Falling Up are simply wonderful. <3
    December and Christmas break are coming super fast, so only a few more weeks until I'll be in Minnesota. yay!  I super need to get out of New Mexico before I go insane . . . I haven't been out of the state in a year and a half, and that's downright scary.
    last note: go to the doctor!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Micah,
    You are an inspiration to hear from.  I know things are complicated, stressful and difficult but your faith is there to guide you.  I have recently renewed my convictions and have an amazing story to share with you.  Call me when you are free.  After everything had happened, I thought of you.  I'll hold you in my prayers for a healthy & quick recovery so you can continue to Over Extend yourself on a daily basis.
    Much Love - Andy

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm well i was there too....the pillar concert that is.  didnt see ya, i missed pillar cuz i had to be home by 11:30.  so had to leave early.  oh well... lol kinda funny that we're in the same place dn dont see e/other ... nothin new tho

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog