The Passion


of Christ was amazing. Well let's start at the beginning. I missed Hebrew today for the 1st unexcused time (yep - alarm clock didn't work/didn't go off...). I just made it to Geography on time which is good because I have a final on Thursday (technically today I guess). I need prayer for that test if you're reading this - hey even if you're reading this after I take the test Thursday morning - pray anyway! There is no time with God and He'll still hear your prayers!! (was that deep or what?!)


Um work was pretty good. I had Duffy's pizza for lunch on campus. Good stuff....after waiting a lifetime of 20 min. for it (hey it was a 12 inch)!


After work I went over to CSF and helped set up. It went well tonight. We focused more about Christ and what He did for us on the cross. Gray and Green group combined tonight after the message (i'm gray so u all know), and I got to talk a little bit about Christ's sufferings - and I did a little "magic" trick thingy too - which I guess went ok. I also got a chance to talk with a few good friends tonight - like Jenni, Ali, Rachel, Stina, Michael, Angie, Andrea (just a little bit though - sadly), Chris, Greta and more.


I left pretty quick so I could meet my parents at Andover Cinema for the Passion. The movie was really something. I don't know if I liked it or not. I don't think that's the real question though because I'm not sure if you're really supposed to like it...   The violence was graphic - but to be honest I've seen worse (like in the Patriot). I lost a few tears and I never cry so it really got to me. To me it seemed to have a creative artistic flow to it as well. Also - Mary seemed to be getting a little more attention than I was hoping. But it's ok. It wasn't too distracting. Also I know little details in the movie were probably different back then (like Jesus being a wood carpenter vs. a stone mason...we could discuss that forever...or the disciples probably being teenagers - because Talmidim were young, or the nail piercing Jesus' wrists and not the palms...) but hey - it's a movie and it was still pretty accurate as far as the Bible goes. I would love to hear other opinions on it.


Well I better finish up a couple more things now and then study for my midterm. Please pray for me again! Oh I also got a letter from my friend Rachel in IL. I miss that girl. I met her on a retreat  I think last year(?) with MC youth group - meeting Ray's (my youth pastor's) old youth group. Please keep her in your prayers as well. God knows why.


 Ok goodnight!! Take care and God bless,


Micah (6:8)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog